Design & Maintenance
Support Web and Packaged Apps Technologies
NeoLoad supports what you test so that you can simulate business processes, from simple API calls to complex application behaviors.
NeoLoad supports web and mobile technologies and protocols such as SAP GUI and Citrix.
Powerful Code-less Design
Faster design of the painful task of correlating dynamic parameters with:
- Pre-defined rules for the most common frameworks: .Net, JSF, Oracle E-Business, Siebel and more
- Automatic detection and handling of application-specific parameters
NeoLoad aims to bridge the gap between Dev and QA by enabling DevOps teams to design and run performance tests as code (YAML) with their everyday development tool/IDE or CLI. Test as code and code-less testing let any user harness all the scalability and test results analysis power that are platform hallmarks.
Reuse Functional Tests for Performance
Convert existing functional test scripts to performance test scripts to accelerate performance test design and maintenance. NeoLoad converts Selenium, Worksoft Certify and Tricentis Tosca functional tests.
Automatic Script Update
Real Time Test Results
Analyze your test results live so you can react rapidly to an anomaly before the test is over. And leverage in-depth test reporting when the test is completed.
NeoLoad supports the monitoring of a broad range of infrastructure technologies including operating systems, application servers, web servers, databases, and network devices.
Collect performance metrics at the application components level to dive deeper into the performance load test analysis. Combining information obtained from performance testing (NeoLoad) with in-depth metrics from an application performance management tool helps accelerate the identification of root cause in highly complex applications.
DevOps and Automation
- NeoLoad integrates natively with the most popular CI tools. NeoLoad provides out-of-the-box CI plugins for Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo and XebiaLabs XL Release.
- Integrate NeoLoad load tests in Docker friendly Continuous Integration pipelines such as GitLab, AWS CodeBuild and Azure DevOps.
- NeoLoad APIs & command line for all CIs: the different REST APIs, command line arguments and Docker images allows you to integrate NeoLoad with any CI tool or automated process.
- Git native integration: improve collaboration and efficiency: performance testers use the same Version Control as other teams with the NeoLoad’s native Git integration.
- Non-regression performance testing and trends.
- Test earlier in the application lifecycle by testing at the API level.
- SOAP / REST Support.
- Assisted design with Swagger/Open API import & highly efficient extractors for fast test design and fewer errors in scripting.
- The API test cases can be created from NeoLoad GUI for the best efficiency or from a YAML descriptor to ease the collaboration and allow a simple text file edition.
- Test standalone APIs or APIs within end-to-end tests. Same platform, same skills
- Devs, QA, PO, Ops share a common view of API performance.
Performance Test as Code for Automation
- NeoLoad platform supports both graphical and code-based approaches to performance engineering: create, define settings and run performance tests as code using a YAML-based description format which is human readable, implementation agnostic, and domain specific to load testing. It’s great for developers, performance engineers, and business experts to collaborate on SLOs (Service Level Objectives), environment details such as service endpoint details, and load testing details such as ramp-up semantics.
- Overriding a NeoLoad Project: NeoLoad provides the unique capability to override a GUI-based Project with a YAML text file so that it’s easy to set any environment contextual settings in an automated process.
- 100% YAML-based projects: An alternative is to create a 100% YAML-based project to define your API test.
- NeoLoad supports Jenkins Pipeline as Code.
NeoLoad Cloud Platform
Built directly into NeoLoad, choose from over seventy on-demand locations from seven different providers so that you never have to run the risk of testing from within the same data center as your infrastructure.
Controller and Load Generator Docker images are provided on DockerHub to ease the deployment of NeoLoad in a Docker based environment.
NeoLoad natively interacts with container orchestrators such as OpenShift, to provision and use load testing infrastructure automatically, on-demand.
Controllers and load generators are spun up for the duration of the test and released once the test is finished.
No need to write lengthy scripts to provision machines, manually connect dynamic testing resources to CI pipelines or manually change the number of load generators used for a test.
Collaborate with the NeoLoad Platform
Define and run your tests on NeoLoad, the collaborative platform that provides a centralized test infrastructure. Collaborate with everyone involved in NeoLoad performance test execution or analysis (testers, developers, QA managers, business stakeholders/product owners). NeoLoad is available through either a SaaS-based or Docker-based on-premises deployment.
Version Control with GIT & SVN
Manage and share test versions in Git or SVN. NeoLoad provides native integration for both standards to improve collaboration using the same corporate shared tools.
Convert/Repurpose Functional Scripts
Deeper Analysis with APM Integrations
Continuous Integration Servers
NeoLoad API – the foundation of your Performance engineering data
Import third-party data into NeoLoad to enrich the performance testing analysis, or export NeoLoad test data into your toolchain. Enforce a performance engineering approach where performance data is continuously monitored and correlated from the first component tests to production and from application server to end-user experience KPIs.