NeoLoad and LoadRunner
What’s the Difference?
Organizations are increasingly finding that the Micro Focus suite of performance testing tools that they’ve relied on for years cannot keep pace with modern software development and testing approaches.
That’s where NeoLoad comes in.
Rapid test design
Slow test design
Low code or no code approaches
All code all the time
Automated script maintenance
High script maintenance
No expertise required
Requires deep expertise
CI pipeline automated
Not natively designed for CI
Native multi-cloud flexibility
Limited cloud options
into traditional and
modern tech stacks
Complex to integrate into tech stacks
Why Customers Moved to NeoLoad from
Replaced LoadRunner with NeoLoad to performance test 50 applications quarterly. Reduced time to write and maintain test scripts by 60%.
Completed the same six-week-long project within the LoadRunner environment in less than two weeks using NeoLoad.
Scripted tests using NeoLoad in 1 day, down from 4 days to write the same scripts in LoadRunner.
Test Fast to Release Fast
Reduce testing cycles from weeks to days, from days to hours. Our drag-and-drop approach avoids time-consuming scripting “by hand.” Automatic updates means no more rewriting scripts every time code changes. Get more done faster with fewer resources.
Make Performance a Team Sport
Open up performance testing to all different teams with different skill sets. A standardized platform that’s both easy for non-experts and has enterprise-grade muscle for the experts promotes effective and efficient collaboration and scales performance expertise without adding more experts.
Simplify the Transition to DevOps
Complexity is the #1 obstacle to “test early and often.” Simplify testing to empower every team to automate continuous performance testing into their go/no-go decisions every time they check in code — when it’s easier and less expensive to fix problems, before they ever see the light of day.
The NeoLoad Difference
Rapid Test Design
- Simple design for complex scripts
- Automatic script update
- One-click functional test reuse (from Tricentis Tosca, Selenium, Ranorex, Worksoft Certify and Tricentis Tosca) as performance tests
Native CI Automation
- Automate performance tests as code in CI pipelines
- Prebuilt API integrations with Jenkins + other CI servers/tools
- Unblocks dynamic, parallel load testing in CI through support for Docker/Kubernetes
One-click APM Integration
- One-click APM integration for bi-directional Dynatrace, AppDynamics, & New Relic data for quick analysis & pass/fail automation
SAP Testing Made Simple
- Simpler test creation, fewer steps
- Native SAP support certified by SAP
- Reuse SAP functional test assets Worksoft Certify & Tricentis Tosca
- Expert level in 3 days of training
- Thousands of certified NeoLoad resources globally
- Tasks take an hour vs. an entire day
Fast, Reliable Support
- Create a ticket and get a response in a few hours from a skilled expert
- Customer support proactively communicates
- Vendor-agnostic to support multi-cloud strategy
- Native integration with container platforms (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- Integrates with cloud CI tools (GitLab, AWS CodeBuild, etc.)
- SDK to build custom protocols and custom plugins
- Open APIs make it easy to integrate with development and business tools: Splunk, Tableau, Slack, etc.
Migrating to NeoLoad Is Actually Less Work Than
Sticking with LoadRunner
Neotys has been migrating some of the world’s most complex application environments from LoadRunner to NeoLoad for 10+ years. Enterprise customers consistently find that switching to NeoLoad is far faster, easier and higher in business value than they anticiapted. Their key takeaways:
Migration Is Not a Technical Challenge
Enterprises who’ve made the switch agree: there is no technical difficulty in migrating. It’s more a cultural misperception about the effort involved.
Everything’s Faster in NeoLoad
Writing scripts in NeoLoad once is no more effort than updating them in LoadRunner once — but then NeoLoad’s automatic maintenance is 60-75% faster than LoadRunner’s manual maintenance.
Migration Is a Great Time to Reassess
Changing tools is a golden opportunity to reassess your approach to performance testing and focus on your most important goals (think: DevOps).
Start Realizing ROI in About 3 Months
The average enterprise migration to NeoLoad takes only three months. Most (± 70%) scenarios can be migrated in just a couple of weeks. You start reaping the benefits immediately.
Proven Migration Strategy
Neotys has developed a time-tested, proven strategy for a painless migration from LoadRunner to NeoLoad. We know what works — and what doesn’t. Our four-point action plan is based on practical experience, not theory.
Get the Migration Plan here.