Switching from LoadRunner to NeoLoad:
Debunking common misperceptions
Enterprises that have relied on LoadRunner as their status quo performance testing tool for years are increasingly finding that it has not kept pace with the shift to Agile/ DevOps methodologies. With development cycles getting shorter and new applications, microservices, APIs and features being released faster and faster, these enterprises are turning to NeoLoad as the performance testing platform that meets their modern needs.
But there remain a few (mis)perceptions about how much time and effort is needed to migrate from LoadRunner to NeoLoad. Neotys interviewed ten enterprise customers who made the migration to find out exactly what the truth of the matter is. They told us that:
- There are no technical obstacles to migration.
- Re-creating scripts in NeoLoad once is no more effort than updating them in LoadRunner once.
- But instead of having to re-script the entire LoadRunner script manually each time code changes, updating scripts in NeoLoad is more automatic. Script maintenance is 60–75% faster than in LoadRunner.
- NeoLoad is easy to learn and easy to use — even “beginners” get up and running after only three days’ training.
- NeoLoad modernizes performance testing so that scripts fit into an Agile/DevOps environment.
- They can use NeoLoad for both DevOps and traditional end-to-end testing.
- The change in tools afforded them a great opportunity to reassess their testing approach, simplify scripts and clean out about 80% of their scripts that had become
Download our research study eBook Migrating from LoadRunner to get the full story straight from the horse’s mouth.