Everyone, it seems, is talking about the cloud. End users see the cloud as a way to access their documents and applications remotely from anywhere and from any device. IT Managers see the cloud as a means of rapidly adapting their infrastructures as needed via virtualization and a pay-per use-model. But what about load testing engineers? Can they seize the opportunities afforded by the cloud to better test the performance of web applications?
As with past overhyped trends in IT, it is important to see past all the talk and look for concrete ways to take advantage of this new technology’s flexibility and scalability to save time, reduce costs, and improve the way your organization works.
What You’ll Learn:
- The advantages provided by the cloud in many situations for ensuring your web applications performs well in production
- The limitations of a test strategy that relies solely on cloud-based testing
- The need for a complementary internal load testing solution
- Best practices for load testing in the cloud
- Key capabilities to look for in a load testing solution