Livestream from the Performance Advisory Council, November 14th, 7PM (GMT)
About the PAC
Neotys is organizing its first Performance Advisory Council in Scotland, the 14th & 15th of November.
With 15 Load Testing experts from several countries (UK, France, New-Zeland, Germany, USA, Australia, India…) we will explore several theme around Load Testing such as DevOps, Shift Right, AI etc.
By discussing around their experience, the methods they used, their data analysis and their interpretation, we will create a lot of high-value added content that you will be able to use to discover what will be the future of Load Testing.
- 14:00 – 14:30
- Neotys – Introduction
- 14:30 – 15:15
- Todd DeCapua – 3 Top Challenges to Overcome in 2018; Beyond The Hype and Getting Sh*t Done!
- 3 top challenges face every organization today, which can not be ignored, and in 2018 will need to be addressed.
- 1] Big Data / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- 2] Blockchain
- 3] Internet of Things [IoT]We will perform a ‘deep dive’ session to cover these 3 topics, review solution options and approaches, so to be able to share practical outcomes you can apply now and into the future.
- 15:15 – 15:45
- Sriram Rajaram – Enabling for the future of Performance Engineering
- In today’s world Customer Experience is of the utmost importance in providing the better experience which will, in turn, increase the business and retain the customers. At Wipro Performance Engineering COE Labs we strive to enable our engineers to make them ready for the market which is on the cusp of Digital Transformation. This presentation will provide an insight on the approach Wipro PE COE Labs has taken in providing the best of solutions to the customers.
- 15:45 – 15:55
- Bruno Da Silva – Strenghtening your performance testing policy
- Best practices on Performance Testing, data anonymization and feedback on different approaches. Are you ready to team up for the IT Performance quest?
- 16:00 – 16:30
- Open table discussion
- 16:30 – 17:15
- Andreas Garner – Dynatrace AI Demystified
- How Dynatrace have redefined monitoring with the OneAgent technology, machine learning and AI system as well as integration options into VoiceOps, ChatOps, …
- “How does this work”, “What does the AI really do” ? In this technical session Andreas Garner would be walking through the technical details on what Dynatrace built
- 17:15 – 17:25
- Stijn Schepers – Performance Testing in a DevOps world: Don’t spin in the middle
- Rapid delivery, DevOps, Scaled Agile, Continious Integration… How we deliver applications to the end customer has changed significantly. The way we performance test needs to change as well. This talk explains from a practical point of view the challenges of testing “in the new” and why testing “in the new” is so much more fun!
- 17:30 – 18:00
- Joerek van Gaaelen – What we can learn and do in production
- As a performance tester we are always working in the testing phase. Preparing and executing tests and giving feedback to the dev and operation teams. In many cases we are not using all the feedback that we can get from production. In this presentation I describe what we can learn from our production environment to improve our tests. But also what activities we can do besides testing to use our expertise, like monitoring, troubleshooting and even testing in production.
- 18:00 – 18:30
- Bruno Audoux – How to manage à workflow application with Neoload and multi protocol
- There are not only Front Web applications. Some of them are hidden in back and dark offices, used by obscurs handworkers in stocks and delivery zone.
- Software has been developed to help logistics robots and men but we are far from the World Wide Web with http protocols. In this darkness, you can meet JMS, SOAP and SQL direct data transfers. DIs NeoLoad able to help them whatever their protocols are? How could we prepare campaign through these specifics workflow, and how your Christmas gift arrived on time ?
- You’ll know more about it in a technical presentation and opening session of “Neoload Multi Protocol Workflow Management”
- 09 :30 – 10 :00
- Stephen Townshend – The Myth of Continuous Performance Testing
- In a continuous delivery life-cycle, should we continually performance test? An analysis of the pros and cons.
- 10 :00 – 10 :30
- Stuart Moncrieff – The Top 7 Mistakes in Performance Testing
- Good performance testing is really important, but so many companies are doing it really badly. There is a false belief that the quality of performance testing can be best improved by introducing advanced techniques and practices, but most companies are struggling to get the basics right first.
- Is your team making any of the top 7 mistakes? Learn what you can do to avoid them, and how you can help your company improve the quality of their performance testing.
- 10 :45 – 11 :15
- Jonathon Wright – Digital Performance Engineering – ‘Shift Right’ feat. Cognitive Lifecycle (AI, Machine Learning & Big Data)
- How to ‘Shift-Right’ in the Performance Engineering by adopting Cognitive technologies within the Performance Application Lifecycle. This session will directly address the ‘Shift-Right’ paradigm; Performance lifecycle from ideation to design, development, testing through to operations and back again. The value-driven delivery approach to validating and verifying non-functional requirements as part of designing, building and deploying next generation platforms such as Smart Cities & IoT.
- 11 :15 – 11 :25
- Hani Chalouati – Continuous Learning and Continuous Performance Testing
- How to accelerate development avoid missing potential production problems? With a concrete case study, Hani Chalouati will present a new approach based on existing tools, to have a better understanding of the new users’ behaviours.
- 11 :30 – 12 :00
- Ian Molyneaux – Drivers for performance testing 10 years ago and today. What’s changed?
- Drivers for performance testing 10 years ago and today. What’s changed?, What’s the same, What’s next and how this affects tool vendors?
- 12:00 – 12:30
- Wilson Mar – Performance Testing in DevOps 2.0
- Explore the various processes and components where performance testing fits within the latest DevSecOps field of competing software.