BOSTON, MA – December 7, 2017 – Neotys is proud to announce that when NeoLoad is working together with Dynatrace, a key strategic partner, users can take advantage of a complete solution. This coordination enables customers a platform for Continuous Performance Validation and moreover, a framework for which automation integration can take place.
Performance testers used to configure their monitoring tools from their performance testing solution. Today, they can configure their automated testing pipeline (ensuring both script configuration and project tests are correctly aligned) to define the significant indicators to detect regression. To do so, they have to connect all the tools required to obtain the useful data which will allow them to decide in seconds.
“Dynatrace includes the artificial intelligence needed to detect the performance issues and their origin. The natural synergy between NeoLoad & Dynatrace is a logical association as Dynatrace receives data generated by NeoLoad during the test, enabling quick analysis of the problem,” explains Henrik Rexed, Partner Solution Evangelist at Neotys. Also, users benefit from other existing Dynatrace integrations – Jira, for example.“When a defect is identified, Dynatrace can automatically generate a Jira ticket including all pertinent performance details related to the issue. The time-savings, productivity, and efficiency are obvious,” adds Rexed.
Why is a Complete Solution Important?
- 88% of CIOs are using DevOps (Capgemini, HP, and Sogeti (2016-17), World Quality Report)
- Two-thirds of business leaders say their company’s future depends on the quality of their software (Harvard Business Review (2015), Surviving Disruption, Leading Change: Winning in the Application Economy)
In this evolving market where expectations are at the crossroad of performance and quality, this solution allows performance engineers and project leaders to automate their performance tests without concern for analysis cost. For every tester/technical specialist yearning for early performance problem detection, this can be powerful.
How the Integration Works
Web Request Tagging
- Transaction name, virtual user, script name, and unique ID
- Easy correlation between NeoLoad and Dynatrace
Creation of Custom Event
- NeoLoad creates events on each service used by the application (E.g., front-end, middleware, back-end)
- Incorporated into test detail: NeoLoad scenario name, test/project name, NeoLoad web link to result
Sending Load Testing Metrics to Dynatrace
- User load
- Request success/failure (average request response time)
- Transaction success/failure
- Failure rate
- Linked to NeoLoad web result
- The Dynatrace user creates a dashboard with load testing metrics/details of application behavior
Data Retrieval – Dynatrace to NeoLoad
- NeoLoad automatically retrieves Dynatrace metrics within the platform (including all details associated with all services being monitored by Dynatrace)
- NeoLoad user analyzes directly
Neotys is a leading innovator in load testing & performance testing for Web and Mobile applications. It has 12 years of development investment into NeoLoad – the performance testing platform designed to accelerate Agile and DevOps processes. Built by engineers who recognized that to achieve their Agile adoption objective, they needed to create a product that could facilitate superior load and performance testing continuously. The result – up to 10x faster test creation and maintenance with NeoLoad. For more information about Neotys or NeoLoad, visit: neotys.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. The world’s leading brands, including 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.