Lease Citrix Virtual Users
- Information: To lease Citrix Virtual Users a NeoLoad Enterprise edition is required. For more informations, see NeoLoad pricing.
The license server (NeoLoad Web or Neotys Team Server) allows you to select the amount of Citrix Virtual Users you want to lease.
The NeoLoad license management tool helps enquire the license server. Choosing Help > License management > License section gives access to the Use a Server option.
Clicking the Lease button displays the Licenses screen.
The Granted License List group box allows you to specify the number of Web, SAP and Citrix VUs you want to lease:
Web VU: The Web Virtual Users capacity to lease can be specified in the field. By default, the field shows a minimum capacity of 50 users.
SAP VU: The SAP Virtual Users capacity to lease can be specified in the field.
Citrix VU: The Citrix Virtual Users capacity to lease can be specified in the field.
Duration: The duration of the lease must be entered in hours or days. By default, the capacity is leased for a minimum time of 1 hour.
- Information: Citrix Virtual Users also allow to run Web tests. The total amount of Web Virtual Users is the sum of Web Virtual Users and SAP Virtual Users and Citrix Virtual Users.
In the Granted License List group box, the shared licenses are listed and described in the following columns:
- Product: The name of the licensed product.
- Description: It is the number of Virtual Users authorized in the license.
- Expiration: It is the date when the license falls due.
- Status: When the status shows something other than "Valid", it is necessary to contact the administrator of license server to check the loaded licenses.
- Web Quota: The capacity of Web Virtual Users still available in the selected shared license is shown in blue.
- SAP Quota: The capacity of SAP Virtual Users still available in the selected shared license is shown in blue.
- Citrix Quota: The capacity of Citrix Virtual Users still available in the selected shared license is shown in blue.
When a license is selected, the descriptive tabs are updated:
- The Information tab gives the definition of the license content. The Expiration field gives you important information about your license.
- The Users tab lists the NeoLoad users who may have already reserved some shared license capacity. The Users tab is useful when some license capacity is frozen by unused reservations.
After selecting a license, a click on the Lease button starts the leasing process. A click on the OK button validates the shared license lease.
Back in the License settings screen, the License Information section and the More details link make it possible to have all the details about the lease.
- To lease Citrix Virtual Users capacity on a shared license
- In NeoLoad, click Help > License Management.
You land in the License panel.
- In License Configuration Settings, choose Use a server.
- In the dropdown menu, select "NeoLoad Web" or "Neotys Team Server".
- Click Lease....
- In the Licenses screen, enter:
- the Number of Citrix VUs that you need
- In Lease Duration, the duration of the lease in hours or days
- In the updated Granted License List group box, select a license available for the amount of SAP VUs and time specified, and click Lease.
- Back in the License settings screen, click OK.