NeoLoad retrieves statistics from an Apache web server using the mod_status module.
- Preconfigured Monitoring: Each module ships pre-configured with the performance counters tailored to your system.
- Threshold Alerts: NeoLoad provides threshold values –derived from industry best practices- to raise the appropriate alerts.
- Agentless Monitoring: The design of our monitoring modules, based on industry standards, ensures non-intrusive remote monitoring.
- Real Time: The counter values and the threshold alerts are available as soon as the test is run.
- Import: Import data from external monitoring tools.
Note: All the modules are included with the free edition.
The statistics collected by NeoLoad are:
- Total Accesses: Total access count;
- Total kBytes: Total volume delivered in bytes;
- Uptime: Time during which the server was running;
- ReqPerSec: Average number of requests per second;
- BytesPerSec: Average number of bytes delivered per second;
- BytesPerReq: Average number of bytes per request;
- BusyWorkers: Number of child processes actively processing requests;
- IdleWorkers: Number of idle child processes
Monitoring Other Web Servers
Using the Apache monitor, NeoLoad can retrieve statistics for any system or server. You can simply create a page on your server to return the required statistics. NeoLoad will then use the created page to query your web server regularly and monitor these counters.
For instance, you can create a JSP, PHP or ASP page returning some performance counters of the application server, and then analyze how your server handles the load while the test is running.
Find Out More
Apache HTTP Server is a trademark of Apache Software Foundation in U.S.A and other countries.