NeoLoad Key Features
NeoLoad is a load & performance testing software designed to improve the quality of your web and mobile applications by realistically simulating users and analyzing your servers' behavior. Thanks to its available monitoring modules, NeoLoad identifies performance bottlenecks, allowing you to correct them prior to production.
Test Scenario Design Features
NeoLoad provides you with a complete range of exclusive features to make designing your performance tests faster and easier. This means you and your teams –even non-specialists– can test earlier in the deployment life cycle and increase testing frequency before the GO Live date, improving your ability to reduce risks and prevent poor web performance.
About Virtual User Profiles
- Broad Technology Support: NeoLoad has dedicated support for most web technologies like AJAX, AMF (used by Flash, Flex and AIR applications), RTMP, Silverlight, Oracle Forms, ... See the Technologies page for more information.
Advanced Correlation: smart extraction of data and dynamic links from pages for variabilization in the performance testing scenario, with no need for scripts:
- Pre-defined rules for the most common frameworks: .Net, JSF, Oracle E-Business, SAP Web, ...
- Automatic detection and handling of application-specific parameters.
- Powerful Extractors: easily define advanced data extraction rules and save time by validating them against recorded content before running the test.
- Web Secure Ready: supports SSL and Kerberos, NTLM, Basic, Digest authentications, or authentication by client certificates.
Advanced Performance Testing Scenario
- Record Mobile Applications: see the NeoLoad Mobile Testing page.
- Push Mode: automatic configuration of scenarios for Push calls (polling and streaming). Specific performance metrics for push. Lean more about NeoLoad and Push Technologies.
- Video Support: NeoLoad provides specific metrics like freeze time for testing media content performance under load (video and audio).
- Shared Elements: share business or technical building blocks among several Virtual User profiles.
Using the optional Collaboration Module or a Design License, you can access the Neotys Team Server to share Virtual User profiles with your team. This enables you to have several testers involved in the creation and the analyses of test cases which helps teams save time and be more productive.
Realistic and Detailed Simulation
NeoLoad enables you to execute tests with exceptionally realistic conditions and to monitor the behavior of your application and its infrastructure in real time.
- Live Debug: view each virtual user in real time (requests/responses received) for easier fine-tuning of advanced tests.
- Live Monitoring: follow your infrastructure's behavior and business transactions' response times in real time. The alert thresholds enable you to detect any glitches.
- High Load Support: NeoLoad's distributed architecture allows you to apply extremely high loads to your server – up to a million virtual users at a time. On-premise load generators are provided at no extra charge.
- Cloud Integrated: NeoLoad can use both on-premise and cloud load generators. NeoLoad is integrated with the on-demand Neotys Cloud Platform. See the NeoLoad Cloud Testing page for more details.
- Network Emulator: simulate users accessing the server using different browsers, IP addresses, bandwidths, latency, and packet loss (see the Network Emulation in NeoLoad).
- Smart Population: allocate your users according to their business profile.
- Add/Remove Virtual Users at Runtime: change the load while a test is running.
To help you isolate the root cause of performance issues during a test, NeoLoad collects information from the server infrastructure via its monitoring modules.
- Preconfigured Monitoring: each monitoring module ships pre-configured with the performance counters tailored to your system.
- Threshold Alerts: NeoLoad provides threshold values –derived from industry best practices- to raise the appropriate alerts. Of course these are also customizable to meet the specific needs of your business.
- Agentless: the agentless design of our monitoring modules ensures non-intrusive remote monitoring so you get the insight without the overhead.
- Externalized Monitoring Engine: the NeoLoad Controller contains an embedded monitoring engine for ease of use. Additional engines can be deployed in sub-networks to facilitate firewall configuration.
- Import: Import data from external monitoring tools (learn more about external monitoring data import).
The available monitoring modules are:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, IBM Aix, HP-UX and VMware. Where necessary, a comprehensive RSTAT module is also available.
- Application Servers: BEA WebLogic, Sun GlassFish, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, JOnAS, Adobe LiveCycle Data Services, Microsoft .NET, Oracle Application Server, SAP NetWeaver, Tomcat, Kaazing and any JMX compatible server.
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Web servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache and Nginx.
- SNMP devices: Bridges, routers and other devices.
Get more information on the monitoring modules.
Load Test Automation
Tests in NeoLoad can be automatically triggered by a Continuous Integration Server like Jenkins. This ensures that SLA statuses are checked every time a new build gets kicked off.
Immediate Results Analysis
As soon as the test finishes, NeoLoad highlights the most significant results and any identified errors. This enables you to focus immediately on the areas of your application that need improvement.
Smart Analyser: NeoLoad enables you to easily identify the root causes of issues:
- List of events where the alert thresholds were exceeded (preset thresholds or user configured).
- Portfolio of graphs to assist you in analyzing problems based on your infrastructure’s behavior.
- Service Level Agreements: Automatically check the Service Level Agreement for sub-components of the application.
- Business Transaction: Analyze the results from the business perspective specific to your company.
- Quick Compare: Instantly compare differences in performance from one test to the next.
- Result Filter: Filter your results according to different criteria (time period, load generator, transaction problem).
- Collaboration: Using the optional Collaboration Module or Design License, you can access the Neotys Team Server to share test results with your team.
Whether it's an overall analysis of behavior, or an in-depth analysis of the data flow to a particular user, NeoLoad reports provide you with the level of detail you require. The analysis module, which features the integrated reporting engine, also allows you to share the results with your team. The report may be generated in HTML, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word or XML format.
Detailed Analysis with an Application Performance Management Tool
The transactions generated by NeoLoad are automatically identified by the Application Performance Management tool, making analyzing easier. NeoLoad can also control the Application Performance Management server and initiate detailed capture sessions.
Instant SLA Reports with Continuous Integration
NeoLoad integrates with all Continuous Integration Systems to enable SLA checking. During tests with a CIS, NeoLoad provides the status of all SLAs (Passed, Acceptable, Failed) to the CIS in JUnit format so developers and testers can quickly see when and why the build fails due to a performance issue.