Server Monitoring during an Application Stress Test
In order to pinpoint a performance glitch during a stress test, NeoLoad collects information from the server infrastructure via its monitoring modules.
- Preconfigured Monitoring: Each module ships pre-configured with the performance counters tailored to your system.
- Threshold Alerts: NeoLoad provides threshold values –derived from industry best practices- to raise the appropriate alerts.
- Agentless Monitoring: The design of our monitoring modules, based on industry standards, ensures non-intrusive remote monitoring.
- Real Time: The counter values and the threshold alerts are available as soon as the test is run.
- Import: Import data from external monitoring tools (learn more).
Why Use NeoLoad's Monitoring Modules?
Generally speaking, server monitoring allows you to monitor servers' behavior to pinpoint the causes of performance issues.
Using NeoLoad's monitoring modules allows you to:
- Rapidly correlate the performance issues detected by NeoLoad with the various performance counters. You can easily overlay a graph curve showing errors or response times and the graph curve for a performance counter.
- Take advantage of preselected performance counters to save time and ensure that you don’t miss an important counter.
- Set alert thresholds for alerts to be triggered when counters return abnormal values, thus speeding up counter analysis considerably.
- Take advantage of default threshold values to make detecting problems faster, even with no previous experience of the counters being used.
Operating system monitoring is used to monitor counters relating to the CPU, hard disk, memory usage, network adapters...
UNIX systems may be monitored using:
Database server monitoring allows you to monitor counters relating to locks, query rates... Databases supported:
MS SQL Server
Application server monitoring allows you to monitor counters relating to user sessions, threads, database pools... Application servers supported:
Oracle Application Server
Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES
GlassFish / SJAS / SGES
Web server monitoring allows you to monitor counters relating to caches, query rates... Web servers supported:
NeoLoad can monitor any system accessed via: